Student HelpZone

Keeping People Safe

Local businesses in Glasgow
providing services to support
the student community.

If you need immediate help always call 999

Anti-Social Behaviour

Many people feel powerless in the face of anti-social behaviour such as vandalism, fly tipping, noisy neighbours and street drinking. They want it to stop but they don’t know how to make it happen.

Report It

One of the most important things you can do to improve your community is report anti-social behaviour through the right channels.

The easiest and most effective way is to make the Police aware of incidents.  You can do this by calling 101 or emailing your local community policing team here who have the necessary local knowledge to deal with the particular issues in your area.

What Will Be Done?

We work in partnership with local councils, housing associations and partner organisations to tackle issues of anti-social behaviour.

There are lots of options available to deal with this, from mediation or voluntary acceptable behaviour contracts to anti-social behaviour orders or formal court proceedings. We will assess any reports we receive and either deal with them directly or, where appropriate, refer them to our partners. With your help we can stop anti-social behaviour before it escalates into something more serious.

Who else can I contact?

You can contact Community Safety Glasgow directly to report issues of anti-social behaviour such as noise complaints.  More information about Community Safety Glasgow and the work they do can be found at

Glasgow City Council can be contacted about various issues from fly tipping to street lighting to pot holes in the road.  Details of services provided by Glasgow City Council can be found HERE or by downloading the MyGlasgow App.